If you have less number of ESXi hosts, you can find the process id of the VM by logging into esxi ssh session.
- Run the esxtop utility using the esxtop command.
- Press c to switch to the CPU resource utilization screen.
- Press Shift+f to display the list of fields.
- Press c to add the column for the Leader World ID.
- Identify the target virtual machine by its Name and Leader World ID (LWID).
- Press k.
- At the World to kill prompt, type in the Leader World ID from step 5 and press Enter.
- Wait 30 seconds and validate that the process is not longer listed.