Saturday, July 20, 2019

Apollo Virtual AGC for Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 4


starting to make a version of the AGC from source for the latest Raspian

The original version is from this page:

https://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/

Start with this formula:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=154681

The update has to be changed at least this far.  You may also need to do an apt update depending on the version of Raspbian that is in use.  The buster version is now in release mode, but may not be in the earlier downloads.  apt-get update will fail, needs an update of the repo.

Then the GTK wx widget lib is newer.  Sucks they have version numbers in the package names, and have dropped the earlier version.  Still to verify if the AGC build will run on this.

sudo apt-get install wx3.0-headers libwxgtk3.0-0v5 libsdl1.2debian libncurses5 -y

Original article dropbox link is dead.  updated from a comment to a onedrive share

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=DE6A25658CBCD62E%21110&cid=DE6A25658CBCD62E

so far the current agc.zip and others won't work on Buster with the new display code.  Will need to be updated to use 3.0 it looks like.

--30--

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jim. I am planning (or hoping) to install Virtual AGC on my new Pi 4. I had an Engineering student working on doing it with an earlier version of the Pi a few years ago, but I'm afraid the notes were lost, and it might not help me with the Pi 4, anyway. Now I'm trying to do this by myself.

    We have an Apollo flight simulator I built for the physics class, and I want to integrate the AGC into the avionics. Did you have any success with it after this 2019 post?

    —Tim Hamilton

    ReplyDelete